Worldwide Extended Warranty 2011Customer Service
Worldwide Extended Warranty & Product Repair Service
When you buy a Chub carbon/glass fibre rod, you are entitled to take part in the WEW Product Repair Service. To do so, you need to register your rod within 60 days of purchase using the registration form at this link Register Product. You will receive an email confirming your registration. Please also keep your proof of purchase as this is useful when making a claim.
Once you have registered to take part in the WEW Product Repair Service you will be entitled for the lifetime of the product to the repair or replacement (at our discretion) of damaged, broken or defective sections of your rod in accordance with these terms.
- The WEW Product Repair Service is in addition to and does not affect or reduce the owner's statutory rights which cover against manufacturing faults and mis-described goods during the statutory period. Please ensure you retain proof of purchase as this will be requested upon making a claim under your statutory rights.
- A handling and repair/replacement fee will be chargeable for each claim made under the WEW Product Repair Service. For current charges please see this page: INSERT LINK
- Hardy & Greys Limited reserves the right to change the handling fee and repair/replacement fee from time to time without notice.
- Customers are requested to retain a proof of purchase to aid with the claims process.
- Discontinued models: where a damaged, broken or defective section of your rod is from a discontinued line, we may at our discretion offer you a comparable rod from our current range in line with our fee structure.
How to make a claim
In the unlikely event of a claim you can either -
1. UK and overseas customers: Inform your nearest Hardy & Greys Limited approved Agent, who will process your claim. Details of approved Hardy & Greys Limited Agents are available on our Find a Dealer page.
2. UK, German or USA customers only: Contact your nearest Customer Services Centre who will advise you on the claims process and any potential charges relating to your claim.
UK Customer Services Department
Willowburn, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 2PF, England
Tel: +44 (0)1665 602771
Germany Customer Services Department
Brägeler Frost 7, D-49393 Lohne, Germany
Tel: (0 44 42) - 80 29 20
Sending Broken Sections
For tip sections, you need only send the bottom 10cm (4ins), for middle sections, the bottom and top 10cm (4ins) and for the butt section, supply the top 15cm (6ins).
Hardy & Greys Limited will match a new replacement to the broken section. When returning broken sections, you must state model, length and line size. Please advise daytime telephone number and daytime delivery address.
- You are responsible for the cost of carriage of the rod or section to the Customer Service Department (CSD)
of Hardy & Greys Limited or to your local Agent.
- Return despatch and insurance charges to customers in the UK will be paid by Hardy & Greys Limited there may be a surcharge for customers outside the UK.
- Goods covered by the WEW Product Repair Service will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Hardy & Greys Limited.
- We will try to match, so far as is reasonably possible, a replacement rod section to a broken section. However, there may be colour/material and specification variations in the replacement sections against the original.
- The WEW Repair Service does not cover lost or stolen rod(s) or rod section(s).
- The WEW Repair Service does not cover any associated or consequential liability due to use of the rod.
In the event that you have a valid claim under this service we will repair or replace the rod in accordance with these
terms, but we will not be liable to you for any other loss, cost, claim or damage that you may suffer except for those losses
which arise as a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms.
Angling-ireland.com is Ireland's new angling website. Packed with articles and tackle reviews, log-on to read what's been happening in Ireland - the species you may expect to encounter, the venues that...More